Evanston news delivered free to your inbox!
To ensure every Evanston family gets to celebrate this holiday season, Mayor Daniel Biss is encouraging all community members to participate in the annual Mayor’s Holiday Food, Book and Toy Drive.
Through Friday, December 10, the City is collecting new, unwrapped toys in addition to staple food items for holiday meals, including stuffing, green beans, yams, mac and cheese, corn and corn bread mix. The City is also collecting new and gently used children’s books.
Items can be dropped off at locations throughout the city, including:
- Robert Crown Center, 1801 Main St.
- Chandler-Newberger Center, 1028 Central St.
- Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd.
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center, 1655 Foster St.
- Evanston Public Library, Main Branch, 1703 Orrington Ave.
- Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave.
- Target, 1616 Sherman Ave.
- Jewel-Osco, 1128 Chicago Ave.
- Jewel-Osco, 2485 W. Howard St.
- Valli Produce, 1910 Dempster St.
- Evanston Police Station, 1454 Elmwood Ave.
- Fire Station 3, 1105 Central St.
- Fire Station 5, 2830 Central St.
Families who wish to participate in the Holiday Food, Book & Toy Drive to receive toys and/or food items must register by calling 311 between Monday, November 29 and Monday, December 13.
Support the Drive
Residents interested in making a financial contribution towards a purchase by the Evanston Parks Foundation for food and toys in bulk can make an online donation or mail a check to:
Evanston Parks Foundation
City of Evanston Holiday Giving
1655 Foster St.
Evanston, IL 60201
To learn more about the Mayor’s Holiday Food, Book and Toy Drive, visit cityofevanston.org/holidaydonation or contact Ken Cherry at 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.