Evanston news delivered free to your inbox!
Evanston Public Works crews are out plowing streets after the city received 4 to 5 inches of snow Wednesday. The city is expected to receive an additional 1-2 inches overnight into Friday.
City crews are monitoring main thoroughfares and have begun to focus on clearing residential streets. To facilitate snow clearing operations, the following parking restrictions will be enforced. Vehicles in violation are subject to ticketing and towing.
Snow Emergency Thursday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Snow Emergency even/odd parking restrictions apply to streets with parking on both sides that are not posted as Snow Routes.
- Parking is prohibited on sides of the street with odd-numbered addresses on Thursday, Feb. 3, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Parking is prohibited on sides of the street with even-numbered addresses on Friday, Feb. 4, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Most streets with parking on one side only now have permanent “ODD date” or “EVEN date” signs that allow them to be plowed during Snow Emergencies. Please follow the posted signage.
Reminder: Emergency sirens to sound
To remind community members to move their vehicles, emergency sirens will sound:
- At 8:15 p.m. for a Snow Route Parking Ban
- At 7:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. on Snow Emergency days
Free off-street parking options available
To facilitate snow-clearing operations, the following parking garages and lots are open for free parking:
Maple Avenue downtown parking garage
The city is offering free parking in the Maple Avenue downtown parking garage, located at 1800 Maple Ave., through 8 a.m. Monday, Feb. 7. Drivers will receive a ticket on entering the garage but will not need it to exit; parking garage gates will be open.
Regular parking fees will apply at the Sherman Plaza and Church Street parking garages.
AMITA Health St. Francis parking garage
City Parking Lots
The city is offering free parking in the following surface parking lots through Monday, February 7 at 8 a.m:
- Lot 1, South Boulevard and Hinman Avenue (metered spaces only)
- Lot 3, 1700 Chicago Ave. Lot 4, Central Street at Stewart Avenue (metered spaces only)
- Lot 8, 811 Main St. (metered spaces only)
- Lot 16, 800/900 Noyes St. at the CTA tracks, Lot 24, 727 Main St.
- Lot 25, 1614 Maple Ave. (metered spaces only)
- Lot 27, 1621 Oak Ave.
- Lot 51, 927 Noyes St. (metered spaces only)
- Lot 54, Central Street Metra Station
- James Park Lot, between the west field house and the hill, as well as the parking spaces on Mulford Street along the CTA tracks (not the Levy Center parking lot)
Please note that the Levy Center and Robert Crown Community Center parking lots are reserved for patrons of those facilities. Parking is not allowed at the ETHS parking lot as school is in session.
For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 311 in Evanston.
Visit cityofevanston.org/snow for more information.
Source: City of Evanston