The application process to become a police officer with the Evanston Police Department is now open. The base salary ranges from $69,689-$102,726. The deadline to apply is July 18, 2022.
Becoming an Evanston police officer is a rewarding and unique opportunity to work within a dynamic organization. A vast amount of opportunity to train and grow professionally exists both internally and externally. The Evanston Police Department offers numerous specialty assignments such as evidence technician and accident investigator, as well speciality units such as Community Policing, Investigations, Traffic, and Special Operations Group. Several officers have had the opportunity to work on joint task force assignments with other local, county, and federal agencies.
Click here for more information on becoming an Evanston police officer. Applications will be accepted until July 18, 2022. A written exam will be administered online between Tuesday August 2, 2022 at 9:00 AM and Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 4:00 PM. Preference points will be given to candidates who live in Evanston and/or have military experience.
Click the link to apply for the City of Evanston Police Department.
To apply, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident;
- No felony or misdemeanor convictions in accordance with 50 ILCS 705/6.1;
- Valid State issued driver’s license and a safe driving record;
- Between 21 and 35 years of age at the time of employment, unless exempt by State statute (no age limitation with previous employment as full-time police officer or not older than 45 years of age with eligible prior active duty military service);
- Have a High school diploma or GED equivalent -AND- completion of 60 college credit hours;
- Possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Test card issued within the past 12 months of the announced test date (August 4, 2022). Only P.O.W.E.R. Test cards issued by NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College or equivalent will be accepted;
- Have a Valid Firearm Owner Identification card or the ability to obtain one.
- Resident of Evanston, Illinois at the time of application;
- One or more years of active duty service and honorable discharge from the US Armed Forces;
- Current employment as a full-time sworn law enforcement officer and having passed current agency’s probationary period (lateral salary is $80,493-$83,564 based on experience)
- Certification as a full-time sworn law enforcement officer from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board or reciprocal State training board.
Please visit the application page for important detailed information including the testing process and required documents.
For more information about the Evanston Police Department, please visit the City’s website.
The City of Evanston is an equal opportunity employer and ensures against discrimination in employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status, source of income, housing status, or gender identity.
Submitted by Evanston Police Department