Evanston news delivered free to your inbox!
Evanston Made presents the first annual Plein Air Art Festival, where artists will create, sell and exhibit art in the Plein Air style, that is, outside. The festival ends with a competition on Sunday, July 17, judged by Master Plein Air Painter Don Yang and community members.
The community is invited to watch Plein Air Artists capture the beauty of Evanston, purchase art and judge works on the final day of the festival. Artists are invited to register at evanstonmade.org.
The festival will take place over four days and follow the general approach familiar to artists participating in local Plein Ai “events in the area.
Schedule of Events
- July 10-16: All artists check-in, turn in invitation letters and authenticate up to five blank work surface(s).
- Thursday, July 14: First day of painting at locations across Evanston
- Friday, July 15: Continued painting
- Saturday, July 16: Continued painting
- Sunday, July 17, 12 – 3 p.m., Fountain Square: Judging, awards and artist reception
- July 16, 9:30 a.m., Space 900, 816 Dempster St., Artist Talk – Stepping into the light – Getting started in Plein Air with Evanston Plein Air Festival Director and Plein Air Painters Chicago Co-Chair Mark Cleveland.
- July 16, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Don Yang Class, Getting Started with Plein Air Painting, Register for a full day instructional experience. Fee $125. Scholarships available.
- July 16, 4 – 8 p.m., MDM Plein Air Music Festival and Front Porch Concert Tour, Info
Visit evanstonmade.org for more information on this festival.
Submitted by Evanston Made