Submitted by City of Evanston
The City of Evanston’s Public Works Agency is reminding community members of additional fall street cleaning dates planned for residential streets in November and early December.
Each year, the Public Works Agency expands residential street cleaning operations during the late fall months to ensure that debris is cleared prior to the winter season. Signage listing the additional fall street cleaning dates will be posted and parking restrictions will be enforced.
Community members can stay informed of street cleaning dates on their block by:
- Checking the parking signs posted at the beginning and end of each block. Orange stickers listing the additional fall street cleaning dates will be temporarily adhered to the existing signage.
- Signing up for convenient text message or email parking notifications at cityofevanston.org/streetcleaning. Those already signed up to receive notifications for their street cleaning zone will receive alerts prior to additional fall street cleaning days.
- Viewing the 2022 street cleaning schedule online at cityofevanston.org/streetcleaning.
- Calling or texting 847-448-4311 or dial 311 within the city limits.
Other seasonal reminders
As community members begin fall cleanup activities, the City’s Public Works Agency reminds residents that:
- Blowing or raking leaves into the street is illegal, and can block sewers and cause flooding. Violators are subject to fines.
- Gas-powered leaf blowers are allowed for use Oct. 15 through Dec. 1 during the following days and hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. The use of gas-powered leaf blowers is prohibited on city holidays.
- Electric-powered leaf blowers are not subject to seasonal restrictions.
- The final day for weekly food and yard waste collections is Thursday, Dec. 8
For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311, or dial 311 in Evanston.