Submitted by City of Evanston
Early voting for the April 4 Consolidated General Election will take place March 20 through April 3 at the Morton Civic Center, Room G-300 (Ground Floor), 2100 Ridge Ave. in Evanston.
The 2023 Consolidated Election includes races for Evanston 2nd Ward and 9th Ward City Council seats, as well as District 65 and District 202 board members. View all candidates.
Early Voting hours at the Morton Civic Center are:
Monday through Friday
- March 20 through 24, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- March 27 through 31, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 3, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- March 25 and April 1, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- March 26 and April 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
View all early voting locations.
A government-issued photo ID is not required to early vote, but is helpful if there is a question about the voter’s registration, address or signature.
On Election Day, Tuesday, April 4, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., residents should go to their registered polling location to vote.
Registering to vote
Individuals can register to vote at all early voting sites. Visit the Cook County Clerk’s website for a complete list of locations. To register, voters must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by Election Day
- A resident of your precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
Any voter registering for the first time or filing an address change or name change must present two forms of ID, one of which shows the voter’s current address.
- Illinois driver’s license
- Illinois state ID
- Employee or student ID
- Credit card
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant’s name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Valid U.S. passport
- Public aid ID card
- Lease or Rental contract
Where can I find a sample ballot for this election?