Evanston’s 2019 Starlight Movies in the Park series, presented by the City's Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department, begins on Saturday, July 27 with the showing of “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” at Twiggs Park, located at Dodge Ave. at Simpson St.
The series will continue through August 24 and will feature eight movies at locations throughout the city:
- *Saturday, July 27 – Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Twiggs Park, Dodge Ave. at Simpson St. *This movie was previously scheduled for August 3.
- Saturday, Aug. 3 – Incredibles 2, Ryan Field, 1501 Central St. (Northwestern University Community Picnic and Movie Night)
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 – Avengers: Infinity War, Penny Park, Lake St. at Ashland Ave. (National Night Out)
- Saturday, Aug. 10 – The Karate Kid (1984), Leahy Park, Lincoln St. and Ridge Ave.
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 – First Man, Dawes Park, Sheridan Rd. at Church St.
- Saturday, Aug. 17 – Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Cartwright Park, Prospect Ave. at Grant St. (sponsored by Westminster Place)
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 – Hotel Transylvania 3, Baker Park, Keeney St. at Forest Ave. (sponsored by Gold Fish Swim School)
- Saturday, Aug. 24 – Ralph Breaks the Internet, James Park, Oakton St. at Dodge Ave.
On Saturday, Aug. 3, Northwestern University will host a free Community Picnic and Movie Night at Ryan Field. Free food and festivities will begin at 3:30 p.m., and the movie will begin at 6 p.m. RSVP is requested.
With the exception of the Northwestern University event, movies will be shown at dusk, around 8:30 p.m., with interactive family activities taking place beforehand, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Admission to the movie is free and families are encouraged to bring blankets. In the case of inclement weather, movies will be canceled.
A schedule of Starlight Movies is available at cityofevanston.org/starlight. For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.
Photo courtesy of Northwestern Athletics