|11/14/2018 4:38:00 PM|
Donations Now Being
Accepted for Mayor's Holiday Food, Book and Toy Drive
|Items can be dropped off at locations throughout the City, including the following:|
|• Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave.|
• Main Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave.
• North Branch Library, 2026 Central St. & Chicago Avenue/Main Street Branch Library, 900 Chicago Ave., Suite 102
• Robert Crown Community Center, 1701 Main St.
• Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave.
• Chandler-Newberger Community Center, 1028 Central St.
• Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd.
• Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St.
• Gibbs-Morrison Cultural Center, 1823 Church St.
• Noyes Cultural Arts Center, 927 Noyes St.
• Evanston Police Station, 1454 Elmwood Ave.
• J.E.H. Education Center, 1500 McDaniel Ave.
To ensure every Evanston family gets to celebrate this holiday season, Mayor Stephen Hagerty is encouraging all community members to participate in
the 10th annual Mayor’s Holiday Food, Book and Toy Drive.
Through Dec. 14, the City will collect new, unwrapped toys that encourage physical and/or social activities, in addition to staple food items for holiday meals, including stuffing, green beans, yams, mac and cheese, corn and corn bread mix. New this year, the City is also collecting new and gently used children’s books.
“Over the last 10 years, the Mayor’s Holiday Food, Book and Toy Drive has brought holiday cheer to thousands of Evanston families in need,” said Mayor Hagerty. “Please help make this season merry and bright for all residents by making a generous contribution.”
Tax-deductible financial donations can also be made online or by mail to purchase additional items at cityofevanston.org/holidaydonation. Checks should be made payable to “Evanston Parks Foundation” and mailed to Evanston Parks Foundation, 2100 Ridge Ave., Suite 1100, Evanston, IL 60201.
On Dec. 19, community members can also donate their time by volunteering during the holiday basket giveaway event; registration is at VolunteerEvanston.org.
Families who wish to receive holiday baskets through the Mayor’s Holiday Food, Book and Toy Drive must register by calling 847-448-4311 between Nov. 26 and Dec. 14.
Article Comment Submission Form
Click to View Upcoming EventsSubmit Event