Public service hours at both the Main Library and the Robert Crown Branch Library have been aligned and expanded. The change, approved at a recent meeting of the Evanston Public Library Board of Trustees, will take effect Tuesday, September 7, 2021. The new hours are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Friday and Saturday: 9 am – 6 pm
- Sunday: Noon – 6 pm
Open+ hours, additional self-service hours at the Robert Crown Branch Library, will launch later this fall. Open+ hours are as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Friday – Sunday: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Meeting room usage will also resume at both locations on September 7, by reservation only. Temperature check and masks will still be required. Depending upon the room setup, the number of patrons accommodated while maintaining 6 feet of social distance within the Main Library will be:
- Main Community Room: 48 patrons seated in chairs, a maximum of 39 patrons seated 3 per table and a maximum of 13 tables.
- Falcon Room: 32 patrons seated in chairs, a maximum of 30 patrons seated 2 per each small table.
- Small meeting rooms (various sizes): A maximum of 2 or 3 patrons depending upon room size.
Reservations of the Robert Crown Branch Library Multi-Purpose Room have a maximum of 16 patrons seated at chairs and 12 patrons seated at tables.